News

no
Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 05, 2017
image 

According to Harare  News Our City, Our Lives, 
Albinos or people with albinism experience discrimination from birth. Many come from single-parent families as fathers often divorce or leave the mother of an albino child. Mothers of albino children often find it difficult to be fully integrated into their communities because of the negative myths and superstitions which surrounded albinos.


Sadly, albino children also suffer discrimination from their peers at school. Many albinos have a number of eye-related problems, including impaired vision (even with glasses), photosensitivity (sensitivity to light), nystagmus (an involuntary back and forth movement of the eyes) and strabismus (crossed or ‘lazy’ eyes). Unfortunately, teachers often discriminate and place albino children at the back of the class where they can’t see the board.

 As a result, albinos are often considered slow or to have learning difficulties when this is not the case. Brian Sithole who has albinism told Harare News, “My mother had to ask the teacher to seat me at the front of the class because I couldn’t see well. After that, my school work improved dramatically.”

According to Halilat [Esep-le- Berger University Cotonou Republic ]
 Some are beautiful , if you see them their skin is clean , taking care of themselves , you be thinking is she albino or is she white ?
Image result for albinism is beautiful
While some if you see some of them you will feel disgusting because they don't take care of their selves.

They have to take care of their skin .

Yemisi [Nigeria institute of journalism] Journalist

Some are beautiful , they don't eat salt that will have black spot .

Precious

Miss Nij [ Nigeria Institute of journalism ] They are beautiful in their own way in their own way in their own way , style just as black is beautiful.

According to ddgr [India]

Albinos are mistreated , people with albinism suffer because of ignorance of others .Image result for albinism is beautiful

According to Allure

Name withheld said :

" What makes a woman with albinism feel beautiful dispelling beauty myth YouTube , people kept asking me that did I change my hair color , who is my hair dresser , albinism is pigment of the body ,eye and skin color .

Grew up in Hong Kong , small minority , look different , my parent  said the same thing that I am different and made my siblings  aware that am an albino .

One day my sis came from school , we saw someone a sister who look like you , independent she is not hiding , living life .

I would never forget an incident when someone stared at me , shocked for two minute and just walk away and a guy looked at me and said I like your style , can we hang out for a cup of coffee? have got questions from people saying am I a Japanese ? Irish ? English ? .

All I did was to smile and embrace the fact that Albinism is Beautiful and am glad to be one .

Image result for albinism is beautifulFollow Facebook page and Instagram  : Albinos of Nigeria .




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Africa Albinism Network Launches Innovative Toolkit

In a significant stride towards promoting inclusivity and safeguarding the rights of individuals with albinism, the Africa Albinism Network ...